Worship Training Events in Western North Carolina
The Worship Leader Boot Camps have trained thousands of people internationally. The Worship Leader Boot Camp, together with the Worship Summit, offer a total package of training and foundation for worship renewal in the local church. If you are serious about worship renewal in your church, you should consider participating in this event.
Saturday, November 15, 2014 Clyde, NC (Special Edition) (with optional November 14 evening session)
Lake Junaluska First Baptist Church
154 Sunset Ridge Road • Clyde, NC Map
A total package of worship training for your church
- Do you seek healthy worship transformation for your church?
- Do you want to see biblical worship that engages the people to become active worshippers rather than passive spectators?
- Do you seek to create an environment in worship that helps people connect with God each week?
- Does your worship team need refreshing and grounding in their understanding of their ministry?
- Is there conflict of worship styles in your church?
The Baptist State Convention of North Carolina will host a Worship Leader Boot Camp and a Worship Summit November 15 in Clyde, NC, to help churches get on track in worship through intense training for worship leadership. This event is great for churches seeking to transition to newer styles of worship, as well as churches already worshipping in more modern worship styles. (Note the special Friday night optional session).
Who should attend?
We recommended that you bring many people from your church, especially church leaders. During this time they will wrestle with critical issues and discuss implications on their local church’s worship.
What’s it all about?
Churches throughout the world are struggling with what style of worship is appropriate for their setting. Many churches find themselves dying, stuck to old forms of worship that once were very meaningful, yet now don’t seem to engage the people in meaningful worship nor speak a language that the unchurched can understand. In the 50’s and 60’s, worship was pretty similar among churches of the same denomination and most sang from a common source—the denominational hymnal. Today, things have changed drastically and church leaders are struggling to determine what their church’s corporate worship should look like. There are many factors to consider in this quest. The Worship Summits will help leaders dive into some very important issues impacting corporate worship:
- What is the biblical basis of worship?
- What does it mean to worship God with all our being?
- What role should personal preferences play in worship?
- How should culture impact corporate worship?
- How should a missionary mindset impact corporate worship?
- How is worship and discipleship intertwined?
- Is unified worship the best way to go?
- What style of worship is appropriate for my church?
- If a church does sense God’s leadership to change, how can that be done in a healthy, God-honoring, people-loving manner with biblical and musical excellence?
Cost: $5 without lunch, or $12 with lunch. On-site registration is $8 (lunch not available with on-site registration)
The cost includes the Worship Summit handout, dinner. and a $10 LifeWayWorship download card.
Who should attend?
Your worship leaders – band, singers, technicians, pastor – should attend the Worship Leader Boot Camp to further gain a grounding in musical issues that will provide tools for worship renewal, particularly focused on moving a church from a group of spectators to a body of active participants in worship.
What’s it all about?
The Worship Leader Boot Camp begins with all of the material covered in the Worship Summit (see description above) and adds intensive training for the worship leadership of a church in these areas:
- Leadership development to help each person grow in their ability to be worship leaders and understand how to be sensitive in their work.
- How to select (and where to find) new songs for worship, putting them through the proper filters for text and music. How do you determine that a song is appropriate for your church?
- Mechanics of worship-learning how to put together a set list, gaining skills for producing sets of music with a seamless flow by considering key textual relationships. Participants will gain tools for planning a worship service and learn how to produce a worship plan/guide that will aid in service implementation.
- Corporate worship in practice-looking at common pitfalls, rehearsal basics, and how to have ongoing evaluation to improve your worship team’s leadership.
This event is great for churches that are seeking to transition to newer styles of worship as well as for churches who already are worshipping in more modern worship styles.
Want to go?
Cost: $25 until November 3; $30 after November 3.
Note: Registration for the Worship Leader Boot Camp includes the Worship Summit.
Friday night Virtual Worship Band class adds $5 to the special rates.
The cost includes the Worship Leader Handbook, lunch, and a $10 LifeWayWorship download card.
Utilizing Technology in Worship for Churches with Limited Resources
Who should attend?
Worship leaders who want to involve a worship band sound in their times of worship, but don’t have the musicians to pull it off.
We will dive in to resources available for the local church to enhance their times of worship through the use of LifeWayWorship resources and virtual worship band resources such as Fly Worship, Worship Backing Band, iSingWorship, and Worship Band-in-Hand. There will also be instruction on use of audio software to connect tracks to produce seamless sets of music.
This workshop is best when attended as an add-on to the Worship Leader Boot Camp, but can stand alone.
If your church’s worship leader is not tech savvy, it is recommended you bring along someone that does have technical ability to aid in the utilization of these technologies.
Want to go?
Lodging at a Special Rate
Super 8 Waynesville, 79 Liner Cove Road, I-40 Exit #27 to Exit #104, Waynesville, NC 28786, phone 828-454-9667. A newer property, less than a mile from the church. Rate for those registered for Worship Leader Boot Camp or Worship Summit is $53.96 + tax. This is for two adults, one bed or two beds. You MUST say you are with the Baptist Convention in order to get this rate.
A Total Package of Training and Foundation for Your Church’s Worship Renewal
The Worship Summit, together with the Worship Leader Boot Camp, offer a total package of training and foundation for worship renewal in the local church. Conceivably, a church could send the senior pastor and worship team to the Worship Leader Boot Camp, and several other people interested in worship or instrumental in leading worship renewal in the church to the Worship Summit. This would ground a leadership core in your church in gaining vision for renewal and equipping them with the tools for change. This could be a major step in achieving renewal in the church.
To learn more, check out our FAQ page.